Saturday, October 27, 2007

Awake, awake, oh sleeper!

Credit: whitneychristine.deviantart.com
It was a beautiful Monday at 6:30 in the morning; I could feel the wind blowing on me. The sun begins to peep over the hills shine forth towards the entire panoramic view of the place. I could hear the singing of birds. There's something unusual this day, the thought keep linger in my mind. My heart started to pound and beat faster. Why I am feeling this way? I am alone in this room unknowingly terrified. I started to find answers to my questions.

Then I remembered last night of the argument we had with my mother. She forbids me not to go to the party but I insisted, I did not pay attention to her word. So I walked away and enjoy the night dancing, drinking and doing some profane things. I got home late and yet so drunk, I went immediately to my room and shut the door closed. I could hear my mother sobbing in her room. I covered my ears with the pillow. Beyond that night, I didn't know what had happened and woke up with a strange feeling of unbelief.

I woke up feeling groggy and go to the kitchen to see my mother who used to cook our breakfast but I only saw her Bible lay on the table. I was wondering what had happened that day, I go back immediately upstairs hoping to see my three younger sisters but there was no one in the room. My heart keeps beating like a drum, my nerves begin to weaken and I cried aloud but I cannot utter even a simple word of anguish. So I go down outside only to see many people yelling and shouting for their missing loved ones.

I walked down the pavement to the store and read the newspaper: “
MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE MISSING WORLDWIDE
”. I did not finish reading and run back to our house screaming with the notion, “Is the days of the Lord have come already? Am I the one was left? Oh! NO! No! I cried so loud with a repentant heart full of regrets but it was too late.

I went back hurriedly, beyond my abeyance, I slipped on the stairway and my head was hit on the floor. I felt the ache in my back and legs…..only to find out….I was awakened by a great nightmare, A BAD DREAM! I was feeling calm with a relief in my heart. It was only a dream but it may come to reality. Are you prepared for His coming? The answer is in your hand.
THE LORD IS COMING!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...